Connect started in June 2021 in partnership with NACRO, and is a service for males who are either in custody or are currently on a community order through probation. The service’s main objective is to conduct a number of interventions with the service user to try and prevent homelessness. A safe and stable home is the foundation for building a better life.
What can Connect do?
- One-to-one advice, guidance, and support to apply for and follow up on available housing options
- Advocacy to access housing pathways within local connection areas
- Support to complete housing accommodation applications, and to ensure continuation of an existing tenancy
- Support with completion of application for housing benefits and other related benefits
- Support to comply with all tenancy obligations
- Support to avoid accommodation arrears, and mediate the risk of eviction
- Support to access rent deposits and rent advance scheme
- Signposting internally to other YSS services
Where is the Connect service available?
- Telford & Wrekin
If the service user referred is in custody, Connect is delivered in the following HMPs:
- HMP Featherstone
- HMP Hewell
- HMP Stoke Heath
Ask us about this service
Please note that this service is only able to take referrals from probation. For more information about this service, you can contact: